The upcoming federal elections this October might still turn the tide in favour of the First Nations. Leaders of the two opposition parties – the New Democratic Party and the Liberal Party – have both promised to act on key policies if elected on October 19. There has been growing support in the general population for aboriginal requests, with three quarters of Canadians in favour of a public enquiry on violence against indigenous women who are four times more at risk of being murdered . NDP’s Thomas Mulcair has pledged that he would set up one within days of being elected.
Are wind turbines reliable, and what about maintenance? Bergey Windpower sells more residential systems than anyone else because our turbines have proven to be the most reliable on the market. Our turbines have only 3 or 4 moving parts and do not require any regular maintenance. After a 66 month test of one of our 10 kW units, Wisconsin Power & Light concluded that, “The turbines’ reliability could not be improved upon.” Our turbines are designed to last 30-50 years or more and they operate completely automatically.
1. Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council. Indian Residential Schools: The Nuu-Chah-Nulth Experience. Report of the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council Indian Residential School Study, 1992 - 1994. Port Alberni, BC: Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, 1996.
2. Miller JR. Shingwauk’s Vision: A History of Native Residential Schools. Toronto, ON: University of Toronto Press, 1996:41-42.
3. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
4. Chrisjohn R, Young S, Maraun M. The Circle Game: Shadows and Substance in the Indian Residential School Experience in Canada. Penticton, BC: Theytus Books Ltd., 1997:87. /document/circle/
5. Resick PA, Schnicke MK. Cognitive Processing Therapy for Rape Victims: A Treatment Manual. Newbury Park, CA:Sage Publications, 1993.